• 800g chat potatoes
• 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
• 4 eggs
• 2 tablespoons diced sweet spiced gherkins
• 1 tablespoon drained baby capers, rinsed
• 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
• 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh dill
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
• Step 1
Place potatoes in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Boil for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Set aside for 10 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
• Step 2
Halve potatoes. Place in a serving bowl. Whisk vinegar, oil and mustard in a small bowl. Add to potatoes. Gently toss to coat. Set aside for 1 hour, tossing occasionally.
• Step 3
Meanwhile, place eggs in a small saucepan. Cover with cold water. Cover and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Remove lid. Simmer gently for 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Carefully peel eggs.
• Step 4
Combine gherkin, capers, parsley, dill and chives in a bowl. Add to potato mixture. Gently toss to combine. Cut eggs in half and add to salad. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.