Insomnia is a common sleep disorder that can make it hard to fall asleep, hard to stay asleep or cause you to wake up too early and not be able to get back to sleep. It can affect not only on your energy level and mood but also your work performance, your health and quality of life. Insomnia can be caused by psychiatric and medical conditions, unhealthy sleep habits, specific substances, and/or certain biological factors. Here we are presenting you some helpful tips for good sleep:
- Go to bed only when you are sleepy
- Go to bed at the same time every night , even on weekends
- Eat something light – a slice of toast or an apple
- Try to cut down on smoking and alcohol, especially in the evening
- Avoid caffeine for several hours before going to sleep (there are other products, like chocolate and tea, that have caffeine)
- Use methods of relaxation before bedtime
Breathing exercises can contribute to relaxation. Here are some exercises which you can do anywhere, at any time:
- fully exhale variety from mouth
- sighs through his nose to the count of four
- hold your breath to the count of seven
- exhale through the mouth to the count of eight
Repeat this exercise three times.
The treatment of herbs for insomnia
There are also some herbs that can help you with insomnia. You can make a tea of valerian. Valerian is effective and rarely causes morning drowsiness. But note that valerian it’s like every means to sleep, has deadening effect on the central nervous system and shouldn’t be taken every night.